I dont normally advocate for making cookies very often, but every now and then a yummy oatmeal cookie can be delightful.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did!
Yummy, dense and lightly sweet cookies that are a great treat.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 22 min
- 1 cup organic gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder (not baking soda)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries or cherries)
- 1 square unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs grass fed butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 dropper liquid Stevia (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or grease it).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Add in to wet ingredients and mix until combined (Do not overmix!).
- Using a spoon, drop rounded mounds of dough onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (watch closely as overbaking will dry them out)
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes to prevent crumbling.